Lola will be available for adoption in August 2016
Lola is a 5 and 1/2 year old Rottweiler that is available for adoption from the Clatsop County Animal Shelter in Warrenton, OR. Ms. Lola has been a patient at VSCP since March. She was surrendered to CCAS because she had a chronic injury of her Achilles tendon that her owners could not afford to fix. Dr. Simpson fused her joint by applying a large L-shaped plate in a procedure called an arthrodesis. Unfortunately, Lola’s recovery didn’t go as planned and she developed an infection in her surgical leg that lead to an additional surgery and months in a bandage on antibiotics. Lola has been a trooper! You may have seen her on our Facebook posts with some of her fancy bandages. CCAS and Lola’s foster family have done an amazing job caring for Lola over the last 4 months but it is time for her to go to her new forever home.
She smiles! Especially when she hasn’t seen you for an entire week! She is sassy & loves to be the center of attention.
- She currently lives with other dogs but can be a bit bossy.
- She may not be good with cats and is definitely NOT good with squirrels.
- CCAS thinks that she would be fine in a family but recommends children be at least 10 yrs old.
- She is great in the car.
- She is crate trained (she has spent a lot of time here at the hospital in an exercise pen in our treatment room).
- She will need to be on antibiotics for another 2-4 weeks and her activity will be restricted slightly during that time. She will likely have some arthritis in that joint but we expect her to have a long and healthy life.
The entire team @ VSCP is in love with Lola. She will make her new family feel like the luckiest people on earth. If you are interested in our Lola, please call the Clatsop County Animal Shelter in Warrenton, OR at 503-861-7387 or visit Clatsop Animal Assistance at http://www.dogsncats.org/.
The adoption application can be found at http://www.co.clatsop.or.us/animalcontrol/page/adopting-pet or you can email Linda Dygert for more information at email@example.com. CCAS requires all members of the household to meet the prospective adoptees and a home inspection. If you live outside the county, you must bring photos of your home, yard, and fence to the adoption meeting. Lola’s adoption fee is $110.00 and that includes her microchip fee and registration.