The team at VSCP is committed to providing the highest quality care for your pet. Our patients are monitored by a skilled nursing team 24 hours a day. When our doors close at 5:30pm and the surgical team goes home, the swing and overnight crew devote their entire shifts to care for a small number of recovering patients. Dinner and pain medications are given, the lights are dimmed, and everyone talks in a whisper. Sleeping is an important part of the healing process. The phones are left on and you are welcome to call and check on your furry friend throughout the night.
VSCP closes at 2pm on Saturday and reopens at 7:30am Monday. If you have a non-urgent question please email your surgeon at one of the following addresses:
- Dr. Amelia Simpson ~ email@example.com
- Dr. Timothy Munjar ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
Many general practice veterinary hospitals are open on the weekends. If your regular veterinary hospital is open, we recommend calling them with any concerns. If they are not open we recommend that you seek attention at an emergency hospital. There are six emergency hospitals in the Portland/Vancouver Metro Area.
West Side of Portland:
- Dove Lewis Emergency Animal Hospital 503-228-7281 http://www.dovelewis.org/ 24 Hour
- Emergency Veterinary Clinic of Tualatin 503-691-7922 http://evcot.com/
- Tanasbourne Veterinary Emergency Clinic 503-629-5800 http://tanasbourneveter.com/contact.html
East Side of Portland:
- VCA SE Portland Animal Hospital 503-255-8139 http://www.vcahospitals.com/southeast-portland 24 Hour
- VCA NW Veterinary Specialists 503-656-3999 http://www.vcaspecialtyvets.com/northwest-veterinary-specialists 24 Hour
- Columbia River Veterinary Specialists 360-694-3007 http://www.columbiarivervetspecialists.com/ 24 Hour