The team at VSCP provides the highest quality care for your pet. Our skilled nurses monitor their patients 24 hours a day. When our doors close at 5:30pm and the surgical team goes home, the swing and overnight technicians devote their entire shifts to care for a small number of recovering patients. Once dinner is fed and pain medications given, lights are dimmed, and everyone talks in a whisper. Sleeping is an important part of the healing process. Phones remain on and you are welcome to call and check on your furry friend throughout the night.
The Veterinary Surgical Center of Portland closes at 5:30pm on Friday and reopens at 7:30am Monday. If you have a non-urgent question you can leave a voicemail or email your surgeon at one of the following addresses:
- Dr. Amelia Simpson ~ email@example.com
- Dr. John Kiefer ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
Complications are rare, however we want you to be prepared. If your pet has an after hours emergency call your regular veterinarian first. If they are closed or unable to manage your pet’s care you will need to go to an emergency hospital. There are six emergency hospitals in the Portland/Vancouver Metro Area. Three of the hospitals have veterinarians who specialize in critical and intensive care. Clients worried about a potential visit to the emergency hospital should speak with your surgeon about a preemptive plan.
West Side of Portland:
- Dove Lewis Emergency Animal Hospital 503-228-7281 http://www.dovelewis.org/ 24 Hour with Criticalists
- Emergency Veterinary Clinic of Tualatin 503-691-7922 http://evcot.com/
- Tanasbourne Veterinary Emergency Clinic 503-629-5800 http://tanasbourneveter.com/contact.html 24 Hour
East Side of Portland:
- VCA SE Portland Animal Hospital 503-255-8139 http://www.vcahospitals.com/southeast-portland 24 Hour
- VCA NW Veterinary Specialists 503-656-3999 http://www.vcaspecialtyvets.com/northwest-veterinary-specialists 24 Hour with Criticalists
- Columbia River Veterinary Specialists 360-694-3007 http://www.columbiarivervetspecialists.com/ 24 Hour with Criticalists